Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Grad School

I should probably mention now that I am in...DUN DUN DUNNNNN...grad school.  

Why you might ask?  The answer is simple-money.  I mean lets be real people, teachers make nothing as compared to the time and energy put in.  And I suppose if teaching ever falls through, I have another direction I could go.  (but let me be clear, teaching second grade is what I would like to do for the rest of my life.  until retirement that is)  Anyways, I decided to go for my Master's in Reading and Literacy.  It is the subject I love to teach and really an overall passion of mine.


I am taking classes at Capella University.  

It is completely online which makes it super easy for me, living in the arctic north of Minnesota makes attending any universities within a reasonable driving distance impossible.  I am 16 credits in and going strong!  I refuse to figure out the amount of time it will take to finish, I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than counting down.  If anyone out there wants to check out the online programs click HERE.  If you would like to check out what I am specifically doing, click HERE.

Each course is 10 weeks long, then we have a 3 week break.  Thinking about the overall program, it really isn't that bad.  However, finding the time and motivation to get the many discussions, annotated bibliographies, reflection journals, and papers done each week gets tiresome.  Lucky for me, I followed in a very good friend's footsteps and she helps me along the way.  PLUS, Kacey is taking the exact same courses as me at the SAME TIME.  That is a real lifesaver!  Click on her name to check out what she has been up to-we are bringing blogging to the north! :)

What is the point of this post?  In case I ever go MIA for awhile, I AM NOT GIVING UP!  I am probably sitting on my couch, researching and typing away to meet a deadline.

Oh, and also most likely trying to work around this guy.
I swear he requires more attention than a small child!!
And yes, that is indeed a Christmas blanket.  I realize it is almost February.  
It is comfy and red for Valentine's Day.  :)


Coming up NEXT Wednesday--a potential link up for "What I Wore Wednesday"???
I need to accumulate some #ootd pictures.

Look at me go...post number two is in the books !

No comments:

Post a Comment