Monday, February 3, 2014

The Square Scarf

This weekend I headed to Duluth...AKA the nearest town with decent shopping options that is 1.5 hours away...to pick up supplies for upcoming events at the school I work at.  What I thought to be a "quick trip" turned into a near 12 hour excursion.  Therefore, a major shopping spree occurred.  whoops.

BUT the good news is, I scored some amazing deals!  I swung through good ole' Old Navy and picked up a majority of this outfit.


I scored some Old Navy tanks for $5!  Naturally I just had to get four different colors-white (seen here), black, blue, and coral.  I have had my eye on a sweater like this for weeks!  It is perfect--3/4 sleeves, comfy cozy for winter, and can totally be worn in the spring.  Unfortunately, the sweater was not on sale, but it was only around $30.  And then...THE SCARF!!  As I was going to check out I peered into some 97 cent bins that were filled with fleece gloves, hats for babies, and other things that do not benefit me.  Then I saw some plaid wonderfulness peeking out at me.  I grabbed it and ran!  I totally didn't think it was only going to be 97 cents, BUT IT WAS.  I was so excited to show it to the boyfriend because although I have 4,548 scarves (I am a scarf queen!), I bought something that was so cheap, what a bargain hunter :)  This morning I couldn't wait to put it on and then I realized-it was a square?!?!  Now maybe I am not as scarf savvy as I thought, but I had no idea where to begin to create a wonderful look for the new scarf I was so excited about.  As I was running late, per usual, I hopped on Pinterest to see what I could possibly do to fashion this scarf and I found these marvelous directions.  


Now instead of having the two dog ear things hanging on either side, I tucked them under and tied them loosely.  

And WA LA!

I don't know about you, but I was pretty proud of myself to figure that out so early on a Monday morning.  I think I might just love square scarves now!  It laid perfectly and had a wonderful fluff all day long.  Even when my car was completely dead, I panicked, and had to call a dear coworker friend to come pick me up so I could make it to school before my second grade friends came through the door :)


No comments:

Post a Comment