Friday, February 21, 2014

Five on Friday

I'm baaaaaaccckkkkk  Of the three people I know who read my little ole' blog-you already understand I had an awful cold, set up a school-wide book exchange, and grad school was kicking my rear!

I haven't given up yet :)

 
I am here to try my very first linky party!  
I am linking up with Darci over at The Good Life blog.  One of many amazing blogs I've recently discovered.  

So here goes nothing...please excuse the CRAZY randomness of this post.  

1.  SNOW DAY!

That is right...school was cancelled today!  To be honest, it was the first time in my life that I was kind of bummed out school was called off.  Now the chances of having to make days up are very high.  Not to mention Game Day.  My class has been working so hard to earn a Game Day with 3R (respect, responsibility, readiness) behaviors, and they finally did!  I had all types of games lined up to play this afternoon--Twister, CandyLand, Go Fish, Jenga, and of course all the cool, new games my kiddos were bringing in.  I guess we will just have to add in some game time come Monday, our school's Winter Fun Day!  That will kick off the week with a BANG.

2.  MY NEW BOOK

As mentioned above, I have been MIA partially because of a book exchange I was in charge of executing at my elementary school.  Students and their families brought in books they had outgrown or were tired of and were able to exchange or just pick up "new" ones after school one day last week.  It was such a great success!  I was sooooo worried about it, but there was literally a gym full of tables of books and so many families came.  We also served banana splits (because we were "bananas" for books :)  ) and had a drawing for several bookstore gift certificates and a Kindle Fire.  ANYHOO--while setting up I came across this beauty.


Does this bring back memories of the early 90's or what?

I almost screamed when I saw it!  I just had to score it for myself.  I gave it to my dog/son, MOWGLI for Valentine's Day.  I know, I know...I am THAT dog mom.  But I can't help it!  He is too cute!


He just looks like a Mowgli, doesn't he??

3.  ZENERGY

I have some major cases of 'ants in pants' in my second grade classroom.  I am soooooo thankful to have an amazing administrator that seriously cares about the students AND staff.  One day a couple weeks ago she called me into her office to tell me she purchased some new chairs for a couple of the students in my class who are well-known wiggle worms.  THEY. ARE. MARVELOUS.  I don't know if it is just the excitement of a new spot to sit or if I am just way too excited about this, but one of my kiddos in particular can not last an entire afternoon in my classroom, AND HE DID!!!  Two days in a row.  This may not sound like a big deal but ohhhh my goodness it is!  


Zenergy Ball Chair=Heaven in a second grade classroom

There is an actual exercise ball inside this UFO-looking contraption.  I am crossing my fingers that my boys who are using these keep up the excellent work the rest of the year!!

4.  NEW SHOE MUST-HAVE

 


These wedges have been popping up EVERYWHERE!!  I see them on blogs, Pinterest, blogs, magazines, blogs, store fronts, blogs....are you catching my drift?  A couple weeks ago I traveled to the warm city of Fargo, North Dakota (please sense my sarcasm) to see theeeeee Justin Timberlake in concert, which was absolutely fantastic--he puts on a GREAT show.  Anyways, as a teacher living in the far north I was worried about my outfit selection.  I ordered up a pair of these bad boys on Amazon and they were humongous on me... whomp whomp.  The DAY OF THE CONCERT, I called just about every store in Fargo to see if they had the Tom's Desert Wedge in Taupe, size 8 and.... lo and behold about 30 minutes into my frantic search, I found them!  My mom and I stopped there on our way and it was a perfect fit!  Isn't the inside adorable also?  They are SO comfortable and you can dress them up or down.  The perfect wedge for me if I am feeling fancy pants :)

5.  HOUSE HUNTING

I don't have any pictures for this favorite......yet.....
When I moved home, I moved in with my boyfriend.  A couple years prior, he and his family purchased a house, TOTALLY flipped it, and made it a gorgeous house worth living in.  


This picture is real life people-literally just snapped it from the couch.  But please notice the open space and gorg floors!  All done by Trav and his talented dad!
                                                                                                                     
I like this house, I really do!  But it doesn't feel like my HOME.  Do you know what I mean?  Right when I moved in it was all set up to be an extremely nice bachelor pad.  I made changes, we painted, rearranged, and I added alllllllll my stuff.  Travis is often heard saying something along the lines of how much "junk" I have and that there is basically no room for it.  A couple months ago, when I was a runner (ppfffftttttt), I ran by this one house in particular that always caught my eye.  I mentioned it a couple times throughout the last months and recently, TRAV GOT INTERESTED.  We went and looked at it and fell. in. love.  I am going with both of our parents today to check it out again and I can't wait!  I only hope they love it as much as we I do.  In the meantime...I better stop my rambling and go get this house cleaned up and ready for staging.   

                                                                                              

This guy is also wanting some attention...obviously :)


Now to see if I can actually figure out HOW to link up....
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment